5 Star Hotel Butler Training
Hotels, resorts, and safari lodges are moving away from the traditional waiter/ bartender operations to butlers. The introduction of butlers in Hotels is an exciting one because now guests can have a dedicated Butler for the duration of their stay (from check-in right to check-out).
At Sam Hospitality, we strive to become the best Hotel Butler Training providers. We come to your Hotel to offer butler training in-house/ on-site and we will train your Hotel staff to reach the highest level of service to match your guest’s very high expectations.
What Topics Does The Hotel Butler Training Contain?
During our Hotel Butler Training we focus on topics:
- The duties and responsibilities of the Hotel butler
- Guest awareness
- The butler skills and providing 7-star customer service
- Wine knowledge and service
- Food and wine pairing guidelines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Creating a mind-blowing guest experience
- Personal presentation
- Proper mise-en-place
- Table setting and food service
- Dealing with VVIP guests
- Housekeeping turn-down service
We specialize in on-site training for 4 star and 5-star Hotels in South Africa, Lesotho, Mauritius, Seychelles, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, Morocco, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Cambodia, Maldives, Barbados, Bahamas, USA and many more.
We offer customized Hotel butler training that directly benefits your establishment through our easy-to-understand explanations and the use of role-playing exercises. Our trainers and facilitators being many years’ experience in the hospitality industry and have the expertise to provide training that leads to tangible results, great guest feedback, proud staff members, and positive work habits.
This is the best butler training for Hotels in SA and other countries
Hotel butlers play an important role in providing personalized service to Hotel guests.
- This topic contains the following elements:
- Importance of the guest in the Hotel
- The guest as a source of revenue
- The impact of the guest on the hotel
- Guest satisfaction and hotel profitability
- Annoying Habits
- Anticipating guest needs
- Maintaining good customer care
- Confidentiality of company and guest information
- Personal presentation
- Personal development
One of the primary duties of a hotel butler is to ensure that guests' needs are catered for from the time they check-in, until check out.
This topic contains the following elements:
- Greeting of guests
- Promoting facilities and services
- Guest expectations
- Guest reaction to poor customer service
- Guidelines for superior guest care
- Guest care in other fields and industry
- Improving guest care
- Effective communication
- Range of guests
Guest Complaints and Improving Service
- Advantages of complaints/customer feedback
- Methods of dealing with guest-related issues
- Range of guest complaints
- Common guest complaints
- Methods to satisfy irate guests
- Guest complaints procedure
- Written complaints
- Documenting complaints
- Complaint follow up action
- Do’s and don’ts of guest complaints
- Complaints practices / Requirements for superior guest care
Hotel butler presentation
- Dress Code and Personal Hygiene of a Butler
- Maintaining Personal Cleanliness and Hygiene
- Hygiene Standards
- Professional Appearance
- Professional Appearance
- Hair, Moustaches, Beards, and Nails
- Organisational Policy
- Common Illnesses and Interaction
Guest Pre-arrival Preparation
The butler's guest pre-arrival preparation training includes the following:
- Ensure that guests' preferences are provided upon arrival to the resort, including choice of beverages, etc.
- Offering pre-arrival butler forms for guests to fill out, ensuring that the butler is prepared for any special requests such as dietary restrictions, babysitting needs, or special occasions.
- Arranging airport transfers for the guests.
- Preparing registration forms for guests.
- Preparing welcome cocktail and reftreshing towels for guests.
Guest Arrival Procedure
The butler's guest arrival procedure training includes the following:
- Meeting, greeting, and offering the guests cool or warm welcome towels.
- Providing welcome drinks or cocktails for the guests.
- Offering private check-in for guests.
- Ensuring that the guest's accommodation is ready.
- Introducing guests to their accommodation facilities, including in-room beverages, how TV, air conditioner works, and all other important information that will make the guest’s stay comfortable.
- Unpacking the guest’s luggage as necessary.
- Pressing the guests' first night clothing.
- Enquiring about the guest's dinner times and preferences.
Butler's Evening Service
Our Hotel butler's evening service training includes the following:
- Bringing the guests’ amenities before dinner.
- Escorting guests to the restaurant for dinner where they have reserved a beautifully decorated table.
- Ensuring that the guests' suite is turned down and has all the amenities of the night. Hotel rooms turn-down includes removing cushions from the bed, folding the duvet, closing curtains, laying gowns/ bathrobes and slippers on either side of the bed, switching on the aircon to the desired temperature, laying the breakfast menu and chocolates on top of each pillow, putting still water on each side of the bed, switching off main lights and switching on bedside lamps, etc. Turndown service varies from one Hotel to the other.
7 Star Hotel Butler Service
- 7-star butler Hotel service
- Hotel facilities and services
- Introducing the guests to their rooms/ villas/ chalets
- Showing your guests around and what is available
- Showing your guests' complimentary items
- Offering refreshments to your guests
- Getting details about your guest's interests
- Preparing bush dinners for your guests
- Preparing romantic dinners for your guests
- Booking your guest's dinner, lunch, and breakfast
- Proper wine service - still and sparkling
- Selling exclusive wines
Dealing with Guests' Arrival
- Preparation for Guest Arrival at the lodge
- Customer needs
- Preparation of guest documentation
- Special Requests / Requirements
- Interdepartmental communication
- Check-In Processes
- Customer arrival
- Promoting product services
- Customers without reservations
- Special circumstances
- Importance of accuracy
- Methods of payment
- Completion of the registration process
Superior Guest Care
- Superior Guest Care
- Effective guest care
- Efficient work practices
- Customer Information
- Accurate information
- General knowledge
- Customer needs
- Sources of information
- Maintaining information displays
- Handling information requests
- Range of Information
- External Services
- Contacting service providers
- Booking external services
- Transport services
- Restaurant reservations
- Delivering items
Guest Relations and VIP Guests
- Customer relations
- Developing rapport with guests
- Complaints and Queries
- Guest relations and guest requests
- Housekeeping duties
- VIP guest service
- VIP satisfaction
- Guest confidentiality
- Working in VIP and guest areas
- Record keeping
Hotel Facilities and Services
- Hotel facilities offered
- Housekeeping & Turn-down facilities
- Origami training - folding towels to decorative shapes
- Courtesy bar/lounge
- Room service
- Breakfast & Dinner
- Information about game drives
- Demonstrating facilities
- Laundry services
- Pressing services
- Polishing shoes
VIP Guests & Executive Areas
- Dealing with VIP Guests
- Packing procedures
- Interrelationship of cost, time, and stock Levels
- Bar set-up
- Bush dinner set up
- Romantic dinner set up
- Serving cold beverages
- Serving drinks off a tray
- Presenting and opening a bottle of wine
- Tasting and Pouring Wine
- Opening a bottle of champagne or sparkling wine
- Maintaining stock levels
- Tidiness and cleanliness of guest areas
- Tidying up the guest bedroom
- Towel origami and replace used towels
- Romantic bedroom and bathroom set up
- Replacing bathroom amenities
- VIP turn-down service
5 Day Butler Training For Hotels | Unique & Intensive On-The-Job Training
Hotels, safari lodges , and resorts are moving away from the traditional bartender/ waiter operations. Most 5 Star exclusive Hotels are now allowing guests to have a dedicated butler while exclusive resorts and hotels dedicate certain suites for butlers and offer the butler service as an extra or exclusive service.
The idea is to give the guest more personalized service. Butler service allows guests to have someone to look after them for the duration of their stay, from checking in to checking out.
We are proud to offer a unique Hotel Butler Training Program to assist Hotels and private game reserves get their butlers to deliver a unique and mind-blowing experience to their guests.
We understand that each private game reserve or Hotel operates uniquely, hence we work to offer Hotel butler training in a more tailored approach as opposed to the one-size-fits-all approach. We work with your exciting standard operating procedures (SOPs) and find ways to develop a more effective and unique way of offering your service.
It is so important that you remain unique and not have guests feeling like you are nothing different from the other lodge they have stayed at. Our 5-day butler training is designed for Hotels in South Africa and other countries. We cover all aspects of the butler job within a private game reserve.
In today's hospitality world, it I important to always find ways to better your guest experience. This will ensure more business as guests do the marketing for you you. The highest service standards cannot be achieved without intensive training for your staff.
We are here to assist you make the best out of your staff by providing our unique & intensive Hotel butler training. We aim to offer butler training that is unique to your Hotel. We offer on-site / in-the-job training to hotels in the following locations:
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- USA and many more
Our hotel butler training can be done onsite/ in-house or you can enroll your staff for our online course. If you would like us to come to your hotel to deliver our butler training onsite, please contact us.
This is by far the best hotel butler training in Southern Africa. Over the years, we have offered the best butler training to exclusive private game reserves, hotels, and other hospitality establishments.
Whether you would like us to give your butlers a refresher course or you would like to set up the department from scratch, we are game!
Our facilitators and trainers are experienced in Hotel butler training, having had trained some of the Best hotels in South Africa.
With our training done onsite, you are guaranteed that your team of butlers will receive fully customized training, in the comfort of their environment and using the tools that they use in their everyday career lives.
We guarantee success through having a thorough understanding of our client needs and expectations and delivering clear, concise, and standardized training and continual follow-up.
We have vast experience having had trained top Hotels in South Africa and other countries
We work with clients to build programs that match their requirements so that staff is consistently delivering outstanding service. This is backed up by the development of clear, concise, course content and training materials ccentered onoon ur clients’ needs.
Let Us Provide The Butler Training That Will Help Your Hotel Butlers Give Your Guests Mind-blowing Service!