This is a 1-day training delivered to your cleaning team on-site at your establishment. It is suitable for hotels, lodges, resorts, offices, universities, hospitals and other businesses.
The learner must be able to clean and maintain public areas, understanding the importance of hygiene, cleanliness and maintaining a safe working environment. On completion, the learner will be able to:
- Identify and explain cleaning materials and their purposes.
- Explain the importance of wearing protective clothing when cleaning public areas and the accidents that may occur to oneself or clothing.
- State organisational procedures for cleaning public areas and the explain importance of using the appropriate hazard signs.
- Explain the importance of working in an efficient and organised manner and the impact on the organisation and work schedules.
- Clean public areas using correct cleaning equipment and cleaning materials. (Range of public areas: lobby, lifts, public phone booths/area, front entrance, restaurant area, bar area)
- Use hazard warning signs when cleaning floors.
- Dispose of waste and explain the importance of doing this hygienically.
- Wear appropriate protective clothing and explain the importance of doing this.
- Arrange furniture correctly and ensure displays are neat and tidy.
- Clean surfaces using the correct cleaning equipment. (Range of surfaces: front steps, floors/floor coverings, glass, wood, fabric, tiled surfaces)
- Keep public areas free from unpleasant odours.
- State maintenance procedures and explain the importance of reporting faults immediately.
- Interact with customers in a polite and helpful manner.
- Store cleaning equipment and cleaning materials efficiently after use and explain why.
- Describe decisions made and reasons for action taken in response to an unexpected situation. (Range of unexpected situations: broken tiles, error in dilution of chemicals or equipment failure.)
- Carry out all work as per work schedule in an organised and efficient manner.
This course is suitable for:
- Public area cleaners
- Office cleaners
- Floor supervisors
- Assistant housekeepers
- Executive housekeepers
This short course is designed for new and existing hotels, lodges, resorts, guest houses, hospitals, offices, universities and other hospitality related businesses.
Duration for this course is 1 day for existing staff, however, we need more time for new staff that do not have the experience. Minimum number required for on-site training is 8 staff. Contact us now for a quote.
In hotels and any other organisation, we need to maintain a very high level of cleanliness. The state and cleanliness of the public areas is the first thing a guest will notice on entering the organisation. This will automatically give the guest an impression of the rest of the organisation. In order to maintain a professional image, these areas must be kept clean and maintained at all times.
Here are the topics covered in this course:
- Occupational health and safety
- Lifting and moving heavy furniture
- Protective clothing
- Hazard warning signs
- Disposing waste and rubbish safely
- Using the correct cleaning equipment materials on surfaces
- Cleaning public areas and lobby
- Cleaning lifts
- Cleaning dining areas
- Cleaning bar areas
- Arranging furniture
- Unpleasant odours
- Maintenance procedures
- Storage of cleaning equipment and materials
- Dealing with customers in a polite and helpful manner
- Setting up for tea and lunch stations - only for Office Cleaners
If you have 8 or more staff, we will come to your establishment and provide the training on-site / in-house. Contact us now for a reasonable quote by filling in the form below.