This is a 1-day training delivered on-site at your establishment. This course is designed to assist all guest contact staff with the skills to be able to communicate effectively with guests from differet cultures and be able to resolve differences that arise as a result of cultural diversity. Suitable for resorts, hotels, game lodges, B&B and all tourism and hospitality businesses.
On completion, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the importance of being knowledgeable about the culture of overseas visitors.
- Explain the importance of awareness of verbal and non-verbal communication when dealing with tourists.
- Interact with tourists using appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication at all times (range of non-verbal communication: eye contact, gestures, body language).
- Anticipate and deal with customer’s needs within the context of their culture (range of customers: local customers, domestic tourists, international tourists).
This course is suitable for:
This short course is designed for new and existing guest contact staff in the tourism & hospitality field.
Duration for this course is 1 day for new and old staff, however, we need more time for new staff that do not have the experience. Minimum number required for on-site training is 8 staff. Contact us now for a quote.
This course is designed for all guest contact staff in the tourism and hospitality industry to improve efficiency and help team members understand cultural dirvesity when dealing with tourists.
Here are the topics covered in this course:
- Effective cultural communication
- Foreign cultures
- Verbal and non verbal communication with tourists
- Interaction with tourists using appropriate communication
- Anticipating customer needs and dealing with them
- Cultural groups - local, African, Western, Asian
- The culture and customs of South Africa's main population groups
- South Africa's main international tourist groups
- Consequences of cultural diversity
- Preventing cultural misunderstandings
- Resolving cultural problems
- Learning to value cultural diversity
If you have 8 or more staff, we will come to your establishment and provide the training on-site / in-house. Contact us now for a reasonable quote by filling in the form below.