This is a 3-day training delivered to your housekeeping supervisors and executive housekeeper, delivered on-site at your establishment. The housekeeper must be able to maintain the housekeeping standards through effective staff management and procedures. Suitable for resorts, hotels, lodges, villas, B&Bs, guest houses and all tourism & hospitality businesses.
On completion of the course, the learner must plan and organise the following: people, time, budgets and expenses, work methods, supplies, materials and equipment.
- Procedures and performance standards
- Cleaning schedules and task
- Supply levels
- Control systems
- Special cleaning or maintenance activities
Objectives cannot be met unless the following are effectively implemented and carried out:
- Job descriptions and specifications
- Recruitment and selection
- Co-ordinating of staff activities
Directing and Controlling
The housekeeper will need to have the necessary skills to do the following:
- Checking of all procedures, systems, controls, standards
The effective housekeeper measures performance against objectives:
- Staff performance and productivity
- Quality standards
- Guest satisfaction
This course is suitable for
- Executive housekeepers
- Assistant housekeepers
- Housekeeping Managers
This short course is designed for new and existing hotel groups, lodges, resorts, hospitals, universities and other hospitality businesses.
Duration for this course is 3 day for existing staff, however, we need more time for new staff that do not have the experience. Minimum number required for on-site training is 8 staff. Contact us now for a quote.
Executive housekeepers play an important role in the organisation in managing the housekeeping department.
Here are the topics covered in this course:
- Standards and procedures
- Communicating housekeeping procedures effectively
- Consulting with staff
- Disciplinary procedures
- Quality assurance
- Maintenance procedures
- Materials, supplies and equipment
- Maintaining housekeeping equipment
- Linen and laundry operations
- Maintaining records
- Dealing with power failures
- Dealing with insufficient delivery
- Dealing with non arrival of staff as per work schedules
- Dealing with staff and guest injuries (slipping on wet floor)
- Dealing with same day laundry not returned
- Adapting performance
If you have 8 or more staff, we will come to your establishment and provide the training on-site / in-house. Contact us now for a quote by filling in the form below.