This is a 1-day training delivered to your front office team on-site at your establishment. This course is designed to equip new and existing front office managers with the skills to manage the concierge/ porter service efficiently.
On completion, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the importance of ensuring that staff has customer care skills.
- Describe ways that staff can be monitored and explain the importance of doing this.
- Describe the procedures for dealing with staff who fail to meet the required standard of performance.
- Describe the procedures for handling guest complaints and explain the importance of handling complaints promptly.
- Implement procedures to maintain the quality of the porter/concierge service and monitor the standards on an ongoing basis.
- Instruct porters/concierges concerning relevant procedures and systems with the emphasis on being able to use equipment and follow procedures correctly. ( Range of systems and procedures: customer mail and message systems, call board paging systems, music systems, luggage systems, security systems, cash handling system)
- Inform staff of general operational procedures and stress the importance of adhering to the standards.
- Monitor the condition of the porter desk to ensure that it enhances the image of the organization.
- Instruct porters/concierges to maintain a professional image, give prompt service, and communicate with guests in a clear and friendly manner.
- Given a range of problems, take steps to minimize disruption to the portering / concierges service and explain the importance of doing this. (Range of problems: equipment problems, staffing problems)
- Encourage staff to identify problems and suggest ways to solve them in terms of the cost to the company and as a motivational tool.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records and explained why this is important.
This course is suitable for:
This short course is designed for new and existing hotels and resorts.
Duration for this course is 1 day for existing staff, however, we need more time for new staff that does not have the experience. The minimum number required for on-site training is 8 staff. Contact us now for a quote.
This course is designed mainly for Front Office Managers to improve efficiency.
Here are the topics covered in this course:
- Managing the provision of adequate resources
- Operational Material
- Monitoring appearance
- Implementation of procedures and systems
- Coaching vs training
- Preparation for the implementation of procedures and standards
- Training of standards and procedures
- Managing and co-ordinating customer service
- Managing customer care skills
- Minimizing disruption to service
- Staffing problems
- Equipment problems
- Power failure
- Handling customer complaints
- Following up on customer complaints
- Responsibility of management
If you have 8 or more staff, we will come to your establishment and provide the training on-site/in-house. Contact us now for a reasonable quote by filling in the form below.