This is a 2-day training delivered to your front office team on-site at your establishment. This course is designed for new and existing front office managers and will equip them with the skills to maintain excellent service and resources in the front office department in any establishment. You will lead, manage, control, and develop high-performance teams. You will improve efficiency, guest satisfaction and increase revenue.
On completion, the learner will be able to explain:
- The importance of monitoring a front office service on an ongoing basis.
- The reasons for dealing with staff who fail to meet standards according to company procedures.
- The importance of ensuring that all staff has customer care skills is explained in terms of the interrelationship to customer satisfaction and cost.
- The interrelationship between time and cost is explained in the manner in which overbooking should be handled.
- The importance of using sales techniques when dealing with bookings is described in terms of professionalism and cost.
- Reasons why the customer should be put first.
- The reasons for communicating forecasted sales and objectives.
- The importance of relevant and accurate reports.
- Procedures to maintain the quality of the front office service are implemented and the standards.
- Why staff is informed of general operational procedures and the importance of all staff adhering to the standard.
- The procedures for monitoring the condition of the front office area to ensure that it enhances the image of the organization.
- The importance of a professional image and clear communication with guests by the front office staff is explained.
- Given a range of problems, a decision is made and reasons are given based on individual circumstances. (Range of problems: equipment problems, staffing problems)
- Procedures for ensuring manual or computerized records and room availability status and reservations are up to date and accurate is demonstrated and their importance.
- The importance of good communication with other departments concerning occupancy.
- Procedures for credit, discounts, and authorization are described and the importance of following these procedures.
- The reasons why the staff is encouraged to identify problems and suggest ways to solve them is described in terms of the impact on motivation and cost to the company.
This course is suitable for:
This short course is designed for new and existing hotels, lodges, resorts, guest houses, and other hospitality businesses.
Duration for this course is 2 days for existing staff, however, we need more time for new staff that does not have the experience. The minimum number required for on-site training is 8. Contact us now for a quote.
This course is designed for front office managers to improve efficiency in the front office department.
Here are the topics covered in this course:
- Managing front office equipment and stationery
- Managing time
- Monitoring appearance
- Monitoring the operation of systems
- Keeping staff informed
- Monitoring performance of staff
- Formal service quality systems
- Informal service quality systems
- Handling quality problems
- Forecasts and objectives
- Communicating changes
- Obtaining and circulating information
- Maximizing efficiency with communication
- Recording of information communicated
- Solve staffing problems
- Solve equipment problems
If you have 8 or more staff, we will come to your establishment and provide the training on-site/in-house. Contact us now for a reasonable quote by filling in the form below.