Silver service is a type of service that adds a certain amount of style to any occasion. This 1-day silver service training course is designed for restaurant servers who work in a restaurant that offers this type of service. Suitable for top restaurants that offer silver service. This course will take your restaurant servers to the next level.
On completion, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the importance of maintaining a constant stock of silver service items and accompaniments.
- State organizational procedures for taking orders, silver service of food, and clearing tables.
- Explain different methods of silver service, and when to use them.
- Explain the importance of handling and hygienically disposing of waste.
- Greet customers promptly and interact with them in a polite and friendly manner at all times.
- Locate and use appropriate service items and equipment. (Range of service items and equipment: Trays, salvers, dishes, liners of flats, crockery, service cutlery (silverware), service clothes and linen, glassware)
- Serve food according to organizational procedures. (Range of food: Hors d’oeuvre, soup, fish, entrée, sorbet, roasts, vegetables, salads, sweets, cheeses, beverages)
- Portion, serve and attractively arrange food using the appropriate service equipment.
- Clear tables and demonstrate the appropriate timing and method of clearing tables.
- Check and store foodservice items and equipment according to organizational procedures.
- Recommend ways of improving service to customers.
- Describe decisions made and give reasons for the action taken in response to unexpected situations. (Range of unexpected situations: customers complaints about the food, customers complaints about service, damaged or broken service items or equipment, accidents)
This course is suitable for:
- Restaurant Servers (waitrons)
- Restaurant supervisors
- Restaurant floor managers
This short course is designed for new and existing restaurants, hotels, lodges, and resorts that offer or wish to silver service
Duration for this course is 1 day for existing staff, however, we need more time for new staff that does not have the experience. The minimum number required for on-site training is 8 staff. Contact us now for a quote.
This course is designed to help the housekeeping team understand the importance of safety when handling linen and guest comfort.
Here are the topics covered in this course:
- Developing efficient and organized work habits
- Getting ready for service
- Service items and equipment
- Meeting customer requirements
- Using service cutlery
- Service procedure
- Placing the plates
- Presenting the food
- Serving the food
- Serving soup
- Surplus food and used equipment
- Clearing finished courses
- Clearing the table
If you have 8 or more staff, we will come to your establishment and provide the training on-site/in-house. Contact us now for a reasonable quote by filling in the form below.