This is a 1-day training delivered to your front office team on-site at your establishment. This course is designed to equip new and existing front office managers with the skills to efficiently co-ordinate the greeting and assisting of guests on arrival and departure.
On completion, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the importance of taking action when there are communication or language difficulties.
- Explain the importance of meeting requests for additional services in terms of how this impacts customer satisfaction.
- Describe how to assist guests with special needs.
- Describe how to organize the department to prepare for the arrival of big groups.
- Explain why the arrival of guests is such an important part of the guest’s stay and the importance of being well prepared.
- Distribute portering tasks according to priority to ensure that luggage and other items are transported to guests’ rooms safely and promptly.
- Distribute work to ensure that individual guests and groups are assisted with parking where appropriate on arrival.
- Carry out a group check-in following the correct procedure.
- Explain and offer additional guest services and give assistance per company procedures. (Range of additional services: valet/car wash, chauffeur)
- Assist guests with luggage on departure.
- Identify the correct bus for the group and load their luggage safely and efficiently.
- Given a range of unexpected situations, decide what action to take to deal with the situation and give reasons for that choice. (Range of unexpected situations: accidents/injury, lack of portering staff, late tour bus)
- Prioritise all work correctly to maximize customer satisfaction.
This course is suitable for:
- Front Office Managers
- Restaurant Managers
- Hotel and Lodge Managers
This short course is designed for new and existing hotels and resorts.
Duration for this course is 1 day for existing staff, however, we need more time for new staff that does not have the experience. The minimum number required for on-site training is 8 staff. Contact us now for a quote.
This course is designed for managers in the tourism and hospitality sector to improve efficiency.
Here are the topics covered in this course:
- Daily planning
- Task allocations
- Customer satisfaction
- Efficient work practice
- Roles in the department
- Greeting and assisting individual arrivals
- Maintaining standards
- Greeting and assisting group arrivals
- Assisting with individual departures
- Co-ordinating group departures
- Communication difficulties
- Special needs
- Requests for additional services
- The chauffeur service
- Valet parking service
- Accidents and injuries
- Insufficient portering staff
- Late tour bus
If you have 8 or more staff, we will come to your establishment and provide the training on-site/in-house. Contact us now for a reasonable quote by filling in the form below.