This is a 1-day training delivered to your storekeepers, housekeeping supervisors and executive housekeeper, delivered on-site at your establishment. The housekeeper must be able to maintain the housekeeping standards through effective staff management and procedures.
The housekeeper must plan and organise the following: people, time, budgets and expenses, work methods, supplies, materials and equipment. Suitable for resorts, hotels and lodges.
On completion, the learner will be able to:
- Explain safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment when lifting heavy or bulky items.
- Sate procedures for the correct handling and transporting of goods to storage areas.
- State measures for securing receiving areas from unauthorised access.
- Stress the importance of maintaining a safe working environment by ensuring receiving areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- Stress the importance of maintaining optimum storage conditions.
- Explain stock rotation procedures and benefits.
- State organisational procedures for completing accurate records of items received, stored and issued.
- Stress the importance of maintaining a constant stock of housekeeping items.
- Stress the importance of immediately reporting signs of pest infestation.
- Carry out all work per work schedule in an organised and efficient manner.
- Describe the decisions made and reasons for action taken in response to an unexpected situation. (Range of unexpected situations: delivery not received, delivery damaged while being transported to storeroom, accidents)
- Check that deliveries of housekeeping supplies are according to the purchase specification. (Range of housekeeping supplies: machinery, cleaning equipment, cleaning agents, customer supplies, furnishings, fixtures and fittings)
- Check that deliveries comply with order and delivery documentation.
- Report any quality or quantity discrepancies to line manager.
- Complete delivery documentation accurately.
- Check that items remain undamaged during handling and transportation to storage areas.
- Use only safety approved methods for quickest transfer possible.
- Handle cleaning agents, machinery and equipment safely.
- Report low stock levels of housekeeping items to the appropriate person before minimum levels are reached.
This course is suitable for
- Executive housekeepers
- Assistant housekeepers
- Housekeeping Managers
This short course is designed for new and existing hotel groups, lodges, resorts, hospitals, universities and other hospitality businesses.
Duration for this course is 3 day for existing staff, however, we need more time for new staff that do not have the experience. Minimum number required for on-site training is 8 staff. Contact us now for a quote.
The housekeeping department is very important. To function well, supplies need to be maintained at all times.
Here are the topics covered in this course:
- Receiving areas
- Handling and transporting items
- Lifting heavy and bulky items
- Using trolleys
- Safe handling of chemicals, equipment and machinery
- Storage areas
- Maintaining storage areas
- Mantaining storage conditions
- Storage of housekeeping supplies
- Stock control and records
- Reporting low stock levels
- Stock rotation
- Pest control
If you have 8 or more staff, we will come to your establishment and provide the training on-site / in-house. Contact us now for a quote by filling in the form below.