This is a 1-day training delivered to your housekeeping team on-site at your establishment. In this course, the staff will learn how to safely strip beds, how to safely handle linen according to hotel requirements, how to prepare beds, and turndown service. The room attendant must understand the importance of maintaining guest comfort and satisfaction when making beds. Suitable for hotels, resorts, villas, B&Bs, guest houses, and all tourism & hospitality businesses.
On completion, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the impact on the hygiene of keeping soiled linen and bed coverings separate from clean linen.
- Explain the importance of not placing bed coverings that have been removed from beds, on the floor.
- State the measures for securing linen storerooms from unauthorized access.
- Explain the importance of turning mattresses over regularly.
- Explain the importance of staff knowing how to deal with customers’ property and the impact on customer satisfaction.
- Describe the different bed types and explain the importance of using the correct type of bed linen and coverings when preparing these beds. (Range of bed type: single, double, queen, king, cot and roll-away)
- Explain how to work in an efficient and organized manner.
This course is suitable for
- Room attendants
- Linen attendants
- Laundry attendants
- Floor supervisors
- Assistant housekeepers
- Executive housekeepers
This short course is designed for new and existing hotels, lodges, resorts, guest houses, hospitals, universities, and other hospitality businesses.
Duration for this course is 1 day for existing staff, however, we need more time for new staff that does not have the experience. The minimum number required for on-site training is 8 staff. Contact us now for a quote.
This course is designed to help the housekeeping team prepare and handle line and bed coverings.
Here are the topics covered in this course:
- Preparing the guest room for cleaning
- Stripping the bed
- Handling soiled and unsoiled linen and bed coverings
- Collecting clean linen
- Housekeeping trolleys, carts, baskets, and bags
- Securing linen rooms
- Turning mattresses
- Bed base, headboard, and bed coverings
- Bed making procedure
- Dealing with guests
- Dealing with guest property
- Turndown service
- Torn sheets and bed coverings
If you have 8 or more staff, we will come to your establishment and provide the training on-site/in-house. Contact us now for a reasonable quote by filling in the form below.