The customer is the most valuable asset you have. If they are not treated well, they will take their business elsewhere. Every employee operating in a service industry must treat customers with respect, giving the best possible service. This includes all aspects of maintaining customer care and dealing with complaints and incidents.
Our customer service training is designed to help all staff deliver exceptional service at all times to your valuable customers. This training is suitable for all industries. We offer inhouse training in all provinces and countries. This course is suitable for all frontline staff. If you would like to send your staff to us, we train in the east of Johannesburg, close to OR Tambo International Airport.
Through this customer service training, which we run in-house in all provinces of South Africa and other countries, your employees will learn how to build the culture of exceptional customer service. The success of every business is in its ability to cultivate repeat business. This can only be achieved by ensuring that your whole team delivers exceptional service at all times.
This course is suitable all customer contact staff working the following:
- Tourism and hospitality industry
- Retail and wholesale
- Call centres
- Transport freight & logistics
- Human resources and industrial relations
- Government departments
- Public companies
- Private companies
This training is delivered inhouse in all provinces and countries. The minimum number required for on-site training is 8 staff. Contact us now for a quote. If you want to send your staff to us, please email us.
After the training, learners should be able to:
- Explain the concept of the customer as a source of revenue for the business, and therefore the source of salaries.
- Explain the impact on the organization and on oneself of losing regular customer business.
- Describe possible ways that customers could react to poor service.
- Describe methods to satisfy irate customers and deal correctly with customers’ complaints.
- Describe information that may not be given to the customer, and explain the reasons for confidentiality.
- Explain why complaints and customer feedback are good for the organization.
- Explain why it is important to anticipate customer’s needs.
- Greet customers in a polite and friendly manner that is suited to the situation and organization.
- Deal with customers directly or refer them to the appropriate person. (If referred, give a clear and concise explanation of the problem to the person dealing with the issue and reasons for the referral).
- Refer customer complaints that occur outside the individual’s authority/work area to the appropriate person, and explain why.
- Deal with customer complaints and irate customers in line with organizational requirements and decide what follow up action to take.
- Promote establishment services in a manner that suits the situation.
- Given an entirely different field (e.g. agriculture, manufacturing or information technology), describe the importance of customer care in that field.
- Make suggestions to improve customer care in a particular context.
What Will Your Team Learn?
Through this customer service excellence course, your employees will learn the following:
- Understanding the importance of internal and external customers
- Building the culture of exceptional service
- The principle of CARE
- Cultural consideration when dealing with customers
- What do companies with good repeat business do in common
- Building a rapport and relationship with customers
- Establishing a professional rapport and relationship with colleagues and internal customers (suppliers)
- Killer phrases that destroy customer/ guest retention
- Teamwork and the service chain
- Customer/ guest feedback
- Effective survey techniques
- Customer requirements
- Providing information
- Basic telephone skills essential for excellent customer service
- Attitude and its influence to customer retention
- Understanding the customer value chain in your business
- Communicating your team's needs and ensuring great service
- Referring requests outside your area of authority
- Following up requests
- Problems with meeting requirements
- Common complaints and appropriate action
- Evaluating/ dealing with complaints
- Dealing with customer complaints effectively
- Identifying the nature of the complaint or incident
- Reassuring the guest
- Tools for effective negotiation and communication
- The HEAT approach
- Customer complaints procedure
- Product and service complaints
- Environment complaints
- Personal complaints
- Written complaints
- Documenting complaints and giving feedback
- Efficient work practices
- Promoting products and services
What Topics are Covered in the Customer Service Training?
In our customer service training, we discuss the following topics:
- The importance of the customer
- The customer as a source of revenue
- Customer satisfaction and company profitability
- Annoying habits
- Anticipating customer needs
- Maintaining good customer care
- Confidentiality of customer and company information
- Personal development
- Personal presentation
- Greeting of customers
- Promoting facilities and services
- Customer expectations
- Customer reaction to poor service
- Guidelines to superior customer service
- Effective communication
- Advantages of customer complaints/ feedback
- Methods of dealing with customer related issues
- Common complaints
- Methods of satisfying irate customers
- Written complaints
- Complaint follow-up action
- Documenting complaints
- Do's and dont's in customer complaints
- Dealing directly with customers
- Referring customers
- Complaints occuring outside work area or authority
We will come to your establishment and provide the training on-site/in-house. We travel to all the provinces and countries. Contact us now for a reasonable quote by filling in the form below.